Thursday, April 24, 2008

TRIBUTE TO SAVANT

I still believe, as I had believed in 1960s, that Mr Arthur C. Clarke, the famous science writer, had lots of technique, knowledge, expertise and willingness to teach me the art of writing at its highest level. But we were not destined to be a disciple and a guru.
Unbelievably, it was the mentor who wished to have this disciple - at any cost. My orthodox mother and any other relative were welcome to accompany him to Sri Lanka at no cost to us. We shall be looked after to the best of Mr Clarke's ability, I was assured. I blieved him.
But destiny had its own ways and I stayed on in India to learn and unlearn many lessons, which I would have preferred not to.
What is written by Him cannot be erased by humans, least of all by me. He implements his writings sometimes mercilessly and at other times kindly, depending on his mood.
Digressions apart, this is my humble tribute to the departed savant.



O0O

No comments: